Skip to main content

You are here

Mother's Day blow torch accident hard to imagine

May 13, 2014 - 11:35pm

By: 

TNP PHOTO: Kiat Tan

Professionals who use culinary blow torches say the equipment does malfunction at times but not to the extent where someone would get burnt by it.

So chefs were surprised when one singed a woman’s hair and face while a chef was preparing her creme brulee.

The New Paper had reported how an Australian woman’s hair was burnt at the Clifford restaurant at the Fullerton Bay Hotel on May 11.

She suffered second-degree burns on her right shoulder, ear and face.

Mr Philippe Pau, the director of Bistro Du Vin at Zion Road, said he has heard of customers getting burnt by fancy cocktails that are lit, but never by a culinary blow torch.

Premium Drupal Themes by Adaptivethemes