Skip to main content

You are here

fire

Pasir Ris condo blaze: In panic, residents take lift

May 7, 2014 - 12:33am

By: 

BLAZE: The fire raging in the unit. The blaze was put out in less than 10 minutes after firefighters arrived. PHOTO: LIANHE WANBAO

She was getting ready to take her employer’s four-year-old daughter to school when she heard shouts and screams.

'If not for him, I would have died'

May 6, 2014 - 1:04am

By: 

TNP PHOTO: KIAT TAN WJ

He was home watching TV at about 11.30am on Monday (May 5), when he smelled smoke.

It seemed to be coming from below his ninth-storey flat at Block 22, Havelock Road.

Woman rescued from burning flat

May 2, 2014 - 12:27am

By: 

She had just lost her husband to cancer about two weeks ago.

And yesterday morning, a fire broke out in a bedroom of their four-room HDB flat in Hougang.

The 50-year-old woman, known to her neighbours as “Ah Kat”, was found unconscious in the kitchen.

Baptism of fire for SCDF unmanned vehicle

April 28, 2014 - 2:03am

By: 

TNP PHOTO: JEREMY LONG

The fire was so big that flames could be seen shooting through the roof of the three-storey warehouse at 23 Tuas Avenue 11 .

Some just snap pictures of fire

April 22, 2014 - 1:25am

By: 

PHOTO COURTESY OF WAYNE CHUA

Some residents alerted the police and firefighters.

Others warned neighbours to move their vehicles after hearing a loud “bang” and spotting a truck on fire at the carpark of Block 179, Ang Mo Kio Avenue 5.

'I'm not sure he can survive'

April 14, 2014 - 12:50am

By: 

TNP PHOTO: Gary Goh

Covered in thick bandages and hooked up to a ventilator in a hospital in Johor Baru, Singaporean Stephen Lew is fighting for his life.

S'porean sets himself on fire in JB

April 13, 2014 - 12:52am

By: 

PHOTO: Sin Chew Daily

A Singaporean man, identified as Mr Ho Peng, 42, doused himself with fuel and set himself on fire at a Johor Baru petrol kiosk yesterday morning.

Fire breaks out at NUS Engineering Faculty building

April 5, 2014 - 1:23am

By: 

TNP PHOTO: Gavin Foo

A fire broke out at the National University of Singapore’s Engineering Faculty last night — the third time in two years.

'Maybe I'm the bad luck charm'

April 1, 2014 - 12:44am

By: 

Jinx.

That was the first thought that went through Hot FM91.3 DJ Shan Wee’s mind as he watched firemen mop up after a blaze at Mega Food Court.

The coffee shop on Balestier Road was destroyed on Sunday morning.

It also happened to be just a hop from Wee's condominium.

Coffee shop catches fire in Balestier

March 30, 2014 - 11:50pm

By: 

Madam C. Tan was manning her shop at Balestier Road yesterday when a customer rushed in and asked if she had heard an explosion. She did not.

Pages

Premium Drupal Themes by Adaptivethemes